Application of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
HW1 series universal Air circuit breaker(hereinafter referred to as breaker)is suitable for the circuit of AC 50Hz with rated voltage 400V, 690V and rated current up to 6300A. It is mainly used to distribute electric energy and protect circuits and power-supply equipment from overload, under-voltage, short-circuit and single-phase earthing. with intelligentized and selective protection functions, the breaker can improve the reliability of power supply, and avoid unnecessary power failure. The breaker is applicable for power stations, factories, mines(for 690V) and modern high-buildings, especially for the
distribution system of intelligentized building. This breaker conforms to IEC60947-2 and GB14048.2 and CE.
Feature of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. Rated AC current: 630A-6300A
2. Short-circuit breaking capacity: 80KA-120KA
3. Rated Voltage: under AC690V
4. Two Types: draw-out type and fixed type
5. Equipped with many types of intelligent controllers, of different functions.
6. Both the 3 Pole and 4 Pole air circuit breakers are available.
7. Standards: IEC60947-2, GB14048.2,CE.
Categories of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. Our air circuit breaker can be of two installation types: fixed type and draw-out type
2. Number of poles: 3 pole and 4 pole
3. Operation type: manual operation, auto operation
4. Trip types: Intelligent controller, under voltage instant ( or time delay type) trip and shunt trip
5. Intelligent controller categories: L type(basic type), M type( Standard type), and H type ( communication type)
Normal Working Conditions of intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. The ambient temperature of our intelligent circuit breaker should be within -5°Cto +40°C. The average temperature should not be more than +35°C(except for customized designs)
2. The altitude should be below 2000M.
3. The relative humidity should not be more than 50% at +40°C, the upper temperature limit. At lower temperatures, higher humidity is allowed e.g 90% at 20°C. Dew that is formed during temperature variation should be eliminated, to increase its durability.
4. Pollution garde: class 3
5. The following have an installation grade of IV: main circuit, absent voltage release coil, power transformer primary coil. Other auxiliary circuits and controls have a mounting grade of III.
6. The circuit breaker should be installed according to the manual. The vertival tilt angle should not exceed 5 degrees.
7. if the air circuit breaker is installed in a small compartment of the switch board, the protection grade is up to IP40. If it is then fitted with a door frame, the protection grade is up to IP54.
Structure Characteristics of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. Our intelligent air circuit breaker can be of a fixed type and draw-out type. The fixed type air circuit breaker is installed within a special drawer to become a draw-out type breaker. Our circuit breaker consists of a contact system, and arc-extinguishing system, operating mechanism, current transformer, intelligent controller and auxiliary switches, secondary plug and socket, under voltage and shunt releases. The draw-out type air circuit breaker has a holder that is made up of right and left side plates, base, beams, etc.
2. Contact system
It adopts integrated contact system, including the main contact and arc contact. The contact is made of high quality material, which does not lead to high temperatures even when it is breaking short circuit current. The contact system is of parallel connection, which reduces the electrical-dynamic repulsion force and improves electric steadiness.
The distance between the moving and static contact is much greater than 18mm as it is required. This is in full compliance with safety requirements.
Note: “Trip” lock device for breaker is optional, the isolating switch is a necessary.
3. Arc-extinguishing chamber
Each pole has an arc-extinguishing chamber, which works to separate and isolate each electrode. The arc extinguishing chamber is enclosed within the insulating base of the intelligent air circuit breaker, which enforces the mechanical strength of arc extinguishing chamber wall and avoids breakage when it is breaking a large short circuit current.
4. Operating mechanism: manual and automatic mechanism
The operating mechanism is located at the front of the intelligent air circuit breaker. It adopts a five-link, trip free structure. It is available with energy storage. The breaker can be closed instantly. The stored energy can be released by a hand-operated button or closing electromagnet. The motor driven mechanism is integrated: consists of an energy storage shaft and main shaft which are connected with concave and convex parts. It is easy to assemble or disassemble.
5. Intelligent controller
6. Drawer holder
The drawer holder of our intelligent air circuit breaker consists of right and left guide rail side plates, base and cross arm. A boosting device and an indicator are fitted to the base. A static contact auxiliary circuit is installed at the top of the drawer holder. The bridge type main circuit contacts are safety separated by a plate at the front.
7. Three positions of the breaker in the drawer
--\"ON” position: Both the main circuit and the auxiliary circuit are connected. The separation plate is open.
--\"Test” position: the main circuit is disconnected. The separation plate is closed. Only the auxiliary circuit is connected. Tests can be made in this mode.
--\"OFF” position: both the main and the auxiliary circuits are disconnected. The safe separation plate is closed.
Installation and usage
Installation Unload the breaker from the soleplate of package-box. if it is drawer type, firstly pull out the handle from under the drawer-base of breaker, and plug it into the hole on central section of plastic cover under the drawer-base crossbeam, anticlockwise turns the handle, breaker body will slowly slide along the outside of drawer-base. When the guide-rod points to separated position and handle can't be rotated any longer,pull out the handle and firmly grasp the aluminum handle on drawer-base, pull out the breaker body and remove ift form drawer-base Check the insulation resistance with a 500V megger, resistance should not be less than 20MQ when ambient temperature is 205and relative humidity is 50%- 70%.otherwise have it drying. Put the breaker(fixed-type) or drawer-base(drawertype) onto the installation- bracket, and make it fixed, directly connect the bus wire of main circuit to the bus wire of fixed-type circuit breaker, alternatively put breaker body onto the guild rail of drawer-base.
Plug the place, then connect the bus wire of main circuit to bus wire of drawer-base. wiring the secondary circuit according to electric principle diagram. Note: something like bolts, nuts.gaskets shouldn't be left inside the drawer-base to avoid being blocked. Usage and operation Check the rated voltage of the following components whetherconforms to the power voltage or not. such as under voltage release, shunt releaseclosing electromagnet, motor-driven mechanism and intelligent controller Maintenance Check the technical index on time or and some lubricating oil., etc. This breaker structure is arranged vertically and modularized composition with each function=cell separated, which make the maintenance easy.it has compact structure, reliable operation and strong free maintenance capability. Please check the technical parameters on the nameplate accordance with the reauirements of order before installation.
HW1 Air circuit breaker
Rated current In
630, 800, 1000, 1250, 1600, 2000
2000, 2500, 3000
4000, 5000, 6300
Rated operation voltage Ue
Rated insulation voltage Ui
Rated impulse withstanding voltage Uimp
Rated operation short circuit
Rated limiting short circuit
Rated short circuit closing capacity Icm
Rated short time withstanding
Full breaking time
Full closing time
Resistance of each pole
Draw out type
3P fixed type
3P draw out type
4P fixed type
4P draw out type
3P fixed type
3P draw out type
4P fixed type
4P draw out type